Search engine optimization is also denoted as SEO and it is a marketing strategy that aims to increase the visibility of a company’s website or web page on the search engines. SEO company plays a great role in determining how frequent a site appears in common search engines such as Google, and yahoo.
This is a marketing strategy employed by companies to sell their products and brands as it links them with their potential clients who uses the search engines to locate commodities and companies offering these services they are looking for.
History of search engine optimization
It is not until mid 1990s that site owners realized the importance of their sites being highly ranked to increase the possibility of potential customers making visits to these web pages.
- The process of search engine optimization involves manipulation of search engines by identifying what people search for, actual search terms known as keywords which are the words that are typed into search engines and also investigating the most preferred search engine by a certain target group.
- Optimization of a search engine may involve editing its content, HTML and all the associating coding to increase the relevance of specific keywords and to remove barriers that affects it visibility to the search engines.
How search engine optimization works
The method of affecting the visibility of a webpage or website by customers can be classifies as either natural or organic.
- The earlier a webpage appears on the search engine the more it will receive more visitors.
- This is based on the philosophy that customers tend to use the first to appear web pages hence the possibility of contacting the owners of these WebPages for business is also is also high hence more profit is likely to be achieved by these companies.
- Web pages are ranked and the higher the ranking of web page the more its visibility to the search engines user.
Black hat search engine optimization strategies
Sometimes search techniques are divided into white and black hat SEO, but this is not unusual. Briefly black white SEO techniques are aimed at manipulating a search engine into promoting a website that has content that does need the attention it receive.
These techniques always find themselves in conflict with the ethics of search engine optimization.
White hat strategies
White hat techniques on the other hand are about making a search engine notice the content contained in the website as actually it is in it unlike the black hat. These latter technique involve a website being filled with well-written, properly presented information that the potential customers is likely to be interested in .This is efficiently done by optimizing the number of keywords that a potential clients is likely to enter in the search engine.
The essence of a site optimization to a company
Websites are ranked by considering the frequency of keywords contained in this site and their similarity with those used in the search engines. Also the number of reputable website that link the webpage to be ranked is also a consideration when ranking.
A recent strategy used to achieve the above is the use blogs which are linked to a certain webpage to optimize on keywords and website visibility as well.
What search engine Optimization Company does?
These companies help individual companies to receive higher rankings and popularity in the search engines.
SEO help link customer to a company; by increasing the visibility of a company’s website the customer and the company are linked together ready to do business.
When a webpage is highly ranked customers searching for products and services are likely to make purchases from websites that appear first in the search engines. It also helps a company to go global through optimization of its webpage such that individuals looking for services and products can see it providing them too hence they may make enquiries.
SEO also helps to offset competition as web page that is highly ranked receives more referrals compared to that which is lowly ranked. Also an individual company is able to know what its competitor is offering hence it also helps in marketing.
Branding can also be achieved by optimization of a search engine a company name and products must be in line with those highly searched in the search engine.
The process of webpage or website optimization
Keyword research involves identifying and researching on words that will produce high rankings on the search engine.
A good keyword must be relevant to the business in question and must also be the most targeted by customers. Google analytical analysis reveals a decline or increase in the customers taste and preference in terms of brands.